For the last six years or so, I’ve used this thing called MagicPrefs to add a middle click to my laptop trackpad and to the Apple "Magic Mouse."
(Why am I using a magic mouse? Well.
- I mouse lefty because me and my wrist tendons Made A Deal, and ambi mice are weirdly rare. I guess all the lefties are mousing righty.
- I also type Dvorak because I'm hostile to all carbon-based life.
- I hate tall contoured mice that make me arch my hand, WHY is this considered acceptable ergonomics??? The MM is the flattest mouse I've ever seen.
- Horizontal scrolling rules.
- Whole-hand left-clicking [as opposed to one-finger] rules.
I should probably just get an external trackpad, tho.)
But anyway, MagicPrefs is weird old abandonware, and I'm a li'l concerned about its future, so I’m turning it off for a few days to see if I can handle living without a middle click.
Results so far are mixed, by which I mean I feel like I'm going out of my mind.